Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let's begin!

First of all, I want to thank all of those who have donated to Team Sweetness! It means so much to me. All of your support really pushes me to get out and train!

I decided to sign up to run 26.2 miles because it sounded like an exciting challenge! I ran a half marathon last August and had a great time! At the end I was a little pooped, but not terribly tired, so why not double it?!

I have also heard a lot of people running for charities, which is obviously a great idea ;) I put some thought into which charity would be meaningful to me. While working with children at the hospital, I first thought about running for pediatric cancer. Then, there was one specific girl that came to mind- she was severely abused by family. She had the most amazing spirit and personality a little girl could have. I could not understand how family could abuse her this way! Being a witness to that makes me so grateful for the friends and family that are in my life.

I have started this blog as a way to share with others, and to keep for myself, memories about the next 8 months of training for the marathon. Hopefully, there will be more positive experiences than negative, but I'm sure there will be times where it's pretty rough. That is where all of your support and the thoughts about the charity will keep me going.

I am running for all of the children who are abused and neglected. 
For those who are stuck in an unfortunate situation and for the children who have been lucky enough to get help. I am running to spread awareness about child abuse in the hopes to prevent it.

Thank you all for your generous donations, love, and support!

*Chicago Rock n' Roll Half Marathon-
August 14, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment