Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dream Big

While running today a few thoughts ran through my mind:

1. I love Chicago! (This one is a very frequent thought:)
There are too many reasons why this city is amazing, but to name one...While out on my run today I decided to make my four miler into five miles so to add some distance I decided to take my run through the Lincoln Park Zoo! I haven't been to many city zoo's but I know every one that I've been to it's been pretty pricey! Granted, there weren't a ton of animals out but I did see the seals eat! I don't know too many zoo's that are free of charge, 365 days a year! I see many more runs through the zoo this spring/summer!

2. Should I have really signed up to run a marathon?!

For those of you who know me well, I frequently get these "great ideas". I started to wonder if running a marathon was just another one of those "ideas" that in a few months I'll be kicking myself for signing up for such a task. But then I decided, I like my sometimes crazy ideas and some of them you just have to commit to in the moment and say "yes, this will happen" and go do it.

I did put SOME thought into whether or not running this marathon would be do-able. I do have a bit on my plate right now with school, homework, work, and (soon to be) volunteering, but so what. I believe that if you want something bad enough to "Just Do It" - Nike has the right slogan :) . The idea that maybe after school would be a better time...but who knows what my life will bring 2 years from now. I'm pretty young, healthy, and able, I'm (so far) very glad I've committed myself to this!

Now, even though I am running on my own, it's the thought of who I am running for and the friends and family who are supporting me. When signing up to run for The Walter and Connie Payton Foundation I committed to much more then just running 26.2 miles. The Foundation and the support from every one is what is keeping me focused and up running to see the sunrise over the Lakeshore :) (it's not a horrible sight to wake up to either!)

So thank you to everyone who has supported me through the foundation and in life in general. I know I would not be in this great city doing what I'm doing without you!!

It's good to have big ideas/dreams and just go with them, share them with others because once you start talking about it things start happening!

What will be your "great idea" today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment