Thursday, March 8, 2012

Never Die Easy

Before I signed up to run for the Connie and Walter Payton Foundation I never heard about Walter Payton....So I did a little research to figure out who these two Payton's were! I then realized why I had no idea who he was, being a Detroit Lions fan- I grew up with Barry Sanders :)

Walter Payton sounded like a stand-up guy and his family has been carrying on the Payton name through the amazing foundation!

I ended up ordering Never Die Easy: The Autobiography of Walter Payton and just started reading it today! Just getting into the first chapters, I see this book being a great motivator to work hard and "never die easy".

The book came at a great time, since the past two weeks I've been pretty lazy and on a mini vacation :/ And I am starting to see a few possible challenges of running and training for the 26.2 miles --time commitment. I love waking up early to go running, when the city is just waking up and you can see the sun rise over Lake Michigan! I always feel better after a run, which makes for a great start to my day! Then there is the school work, just starting to get heavy! This keeps me up when the city is starting to go to bed and the sun has been long gone!! If only there were more hours in the day and a super food that tricked your body into thinking you just got 8 hours of sleep this training would be simple! :) With the ever changing work load of class, I hope I can keep a consistent schedule without skipping runs or sleep! 

After this weekend, I will have put a little dent in my homework and my vacation is over :(  Hopefully, from here on out, I can stay on track with my training and with a little help from Never Die Easy, I can find some more motivation to keep me going when other things in life get in the way!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment