Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm done skipping runs.




Last weekend I was in Colorado-I was supposed to run 10 miles, but slacker me only did 8 :/  So I wouldn't have to run by myself my dad rode his bike next to me, which was a different but nice way of spending quality time with him :) I loved running towards a view of mountains, they are so amazing. I've always said if Chicago had mountains to the west of the city, I would never leave. 

I followed that weekend up with NO MIDWEEK RUNS-I don't know what I was doing or thinking, but obviously, running slipped my mind? I was so nervous going into our 15 mile run this weekend, but having the group truly helped and wasn't bad at all. I know that continuing to skip midweek runs won't do me any good and I need to work a little bit harder. Only 55 more days left to the marathon, I need to redirect my focus on putting in the time and effort to this training; the more I put in- the easier that Sunday will be!


This weeks schedule:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 8 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 16 miles
Sunday: Cross

2 comments:

  1. Skipping a few days of marathon training, probably doesn't do much harm at this stage, and may actually help a lot in recovery, as witnessed by how well you did on your 15 miler. Great pics of Colorado. Would love to run there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pete- Colorado is amazing, I hope you get there one day!

    ReplyDelete