Friday, April 20, 2012

Start Running!

If you're just starting your running journey. . . 
Here are some things that have helped me out during the first few months:

First, a GOOD pair of running shoes!! I have gone to Fleet Feet to make sure I'm getting the right size and support for my feet. A properly fitted shoe can prevent pains and injuries.
You can get fitted at most local running stores.
My shoe of choice is Brooks Ghost.
*PS, sometimes the shoe won't always come in your favorite color!
 


Socks!! They help keep your feet dry and blister free! I'm in love with Balega: Women's Enduro 3 No Show.







Hydration- Something I still struggle with! I never drink as much water as I should.  As you can see, water is a pretty important function for our body!
DRINK WATER:STAY HYDRATED!







Feeling some sore muscles?! IcyHot Naturals!! Feel the burn, or is ice :)? Either way, feels great and with 7.5% Menthol it will leave you feeling and smelling minty fresh!




Foam Roller- Helps to roll out those tight muscles, very helpful for those runner's knee, along with many more!I'll warn you, sometimes rolling feels worse then the initial pain...but in the end it's good for your muscles!

Keep a Log- I've found this to be very helpful-not only to track my progress but when I write things down I find myself sticking to my plan better. I use it to keep motivational quotes, weekly mileage goals, etc. . . Whatever will keep you going!


 ATTITUDE! With the right attitude you can do anything! In the beginning I found it very hard to get motivated to get out and run. Anything sounded better. I found having something to run for-Team Sweetness- and knew that if I set my mind to something I can accomplish it. I know I have a looong wait to go still, but am very happy with where I have come!

 
It takes 21 days to form a habit...








...don't give up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment