Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Successful Procrastination

Well with my first year of grad school coming to an end pretty soon I've been pretty busy! David came to visit me and he joined me for a run! It was a great morning as we went 3 miles along the lake shore, a perfect distance to end up at 3rd Coast Cafe for breakfast! We both had a traditional Eggs Benedict, hash browns, a mimosa and shared a side of bacon :) perfect way to end a Saturday morning run! 

When we got home my Bunny Rock 5k medal was waiting in the mail for me, which was a nice surprise! We then spent most of our weekend together attempting to get some of my paper done. I wouldn't say I got a lot done, but we found some unique coffee shops!

I've been finding any thing and every thing to do to distract me from this paper! I have five days left until it's due- 26 pages!

While procrastinating I found this documentary trailer: Alex Vero-Documentary "Running to the Limits". It was filmed over three years in seven different countries, about three international marathon runners. Sounds like it could be pretty motivating! 

I also starting looking into running clubs or groups to help me train for the marathon and came across CARA (Chicago Ara Runners Association) and signed up for their marathon training! I'm very happy I joined their program! I will also get a free entry into the Newton Ready to Run 20 Miler in September to help prep for teh 26.2! They also have a Road Scholars program where you can help "at-risk" youth train for a half-marathon! I'll hopefully apply to be a group leader next year!

I have a goal of 8 miles tomorrow morning, looking forward to it! Oh, during my procrastination I have also created the best playlists for my early morning runs! Cannot wait for 5:15 am to roll around so I can get out there! It's what will keep me sane through these next 5 days!

Lastly, CONGRATULATIONS to those who ran in the Boston Marathon, Monday, April 16!!  Mr. Keith Wood (the oldest 2012 competitor), 83, finished with a time of 6:23:16 with high temperatures ranging in 80 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment