Monday, May 21, 2012

St. Joseph Michigan

"When you run in places you visit, you encounter things you'd never see otherwise." 
Tom Brokaw

This past weekend my cousin had a little destination wedding in St. Joseph, Michigan, which, from Chicago, is directly on the other side of Lake Michigan. It was beautiful! According to St. Joe's city website, it has been named "The Riviera of the Midwest"! The location along the lake shore made it perfect for a morning run and I loved running through their small town shops and restaurants. 

Since I moved to Chicago I have used running as a way to see the city. I decided that when I visit any other location I would like to get at least one run in. I agree that through running you see things you would not have seen otherwise.

Currently, I do not have any more travel plans, but I will definitely continue to make sure my shoes are packed so I can tour the new city with a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment