Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 1

First week of training is DONE! 

Once Tuesday rolled around all of a sudden I got very nervous and excited about the next five months!! I think this will be such an amazing personal accomplishment and I am able to run in support of a great cause. But it is five months worth of training: I don't think I have trained for anything that long and very independent--which will give a higher reward at the finish!

My friend Aly and I are training with CARA and for the first week we did our midweek runs individually and then we ran with the CARA group on Saturday 6:30am! We have had one group run so far, but from that I think it was a great decision to join! Everyone in our group, the "novice/9min pace, was very friendly/chatty which will make those 15 mile runs breeze by! (I hope) 


 Our first week of training included:
Monday:Rest
Tuesday:3 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: Cross train



Next week will look similar but on Wednesday morning Aly and I might try out the CARA midweek speed training and 7 miles on Saturday. 

I'm so excited it is finally here! I can't imagine what it will be like to cross the finish line!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment