Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 2

Well, I was sold on running with the CARA group last week, but this week really confirmed it!

There are some days when I go for a run and feel like I can conquer any mileage, I can run for hours! Then there are those real awesome days where running one mile is the hardest thing I could ever overcome; that is how I felt this Saturday for our 7mile run. This is one of the shortest "long" runs I'll have the next few weeks and can't imagine how helpful CARA is going to be!

I find it amazing how externally motivated I can be sometimes. I really wish I could dig deeper and push myself further on days where I really do not what to do whatever it is. The bigger picture of wanting to survive the 26.2 miles got me through pre training on my own, but the runs were a lot shorter and not set on a schedule, which made it easier (As much as a love schedules, I hate them). So my new goal, on top of all this running, is to be more independently motivated in all areas of my life, to not look back and say I didn't try my hardest. (I've said this before, but now I'm writing it and telling more people so hopefully I actually stick to it! External motivation?!?!) 


Upcoming Week 3 Schedule: 
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: Cross Train

No comments:

Post a Comment