Monday, June 25, 2012

Fail

Well, I had the best intentions to train better, but sometimes intentions are not good enough. I started a new job and it definitely threw me off a bit. Working all day and then having class at night... coming home and starting all over again, does not make 5am runs look exciting. I've realized that trying to fit in a run between work and class is not possible... so now I just have to deal with it and get out there nice and early. . .

Saturday, I spend the day with a good friend that I met working in the children's hospital. We were talking about different situations/death/serious illness/abuse etc...happy Saturday chat, right? It just reinforced who and what I am running for and to take life one day at a time. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow, so be happy today. I find too many people, including myself, complaining about the most pointless things (waking up at 5am...good thing I'm waking up to enjoy another run...). I feel like I post a lot about this point, but it is so easily forgotten in the fast pace life we all live in now.

So, this past weeks training I got 2 days in... a short run and my long distance Saturday run. . . Hopefully this week I'll have a better result... 

Week 4 Training:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 9 miles (Leave for Michigan. . . test to get this done on my own!)
Sunday: Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment