Friday, June 29, 2012

. . . and then a bird flew into my head

Week 4=Success! 

I switched the training up a bit this week since I'll be out of town over the weekend- I took yesterday off and decided to run my 9 miles this morning, which turned into 9 1/2-10 miles (not exactly sure where I turned around) I felt great during the long run and kept a great pace for being alone. 

But on my run this morning something very unusual happened. . . I was headed south along the lake shore, next to the grass side; I also run with only one ear-bud in to hear if people are passing, coming up from behind, waves, and of course the birds. . . as I was running past one tree filled with some noisy little birds one either fell out or flew out of the tree and hit me right on the head!!! It was the weirdest thing! I continued to running and notice other runners saw this and looked just as confused as I was!  I have always been afraid of low flying birds that look like they're coming straight at you and now I think the fear might be a little bigger!
Week 5:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment