Saturday, July 7, 2012

I've missed soccer!

So before I started all this running on my own, I lived to play soccer. When I moved out to Chicago I figured I should start doing something active and what better sport then running--the lake shore path was the biggest draw for just going out on a run... I was never a fan of just running to run!

 In our training plan it mentions we shouldn't do too many sports with lateral movements but when I got asked to sub on a soccer team I couldn't resist! I figured a 50min soccer game, no subs, playing outside mid...that should cover my 3 miles scheduled! I don't know when the last time I played in a soccer game but oh my gosh, waking up on Wednesday, my body hasn't been that sore in soooo long, especially from just a soccer game! I absolutely love the feeling of being sore, but I'm a little disappointed one soccer game did that much "damage". I used to play 5 in one weekend and not feel half as bad! I still felt it this morning before my 10miler!

Speaking of the 10miles, due to heat, CARA decided to cancel all group runs this morning. My friend Aly and I still decided to go out running...5am to try and beat the heat... and I think every one else who planned on running this morning did the same thing! The funny thing is, I think 5am was hotter out than 8am and later! Oh well, it was great to see everyone still out running/biking!
On to week Six:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 Miles
Wednesday: 5 Miles
Thursday: 3 Miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 7 Miles
Sunday: Cross























































No comments:

Post a Comment