Sunday, July 15, 2012

1/3 Complete

Well week six has been wrapped up with a nice 7miler with CARA and a realization that the Chicago Rock 'n Roll Half is next weekend!! YIKES! When did that get here??! 

Last year I ran this with a very good friend, Kami and her dad. Kami and I played soccer together in college and she is the one who got me out running. Without her I wouldn't be training for the marathon or spreading awareness about abused and neglected children! She is a great supporter and I'm very thankful to have her in my life!

My time was 2 hours and 4 minutes and I felt pretty good the whole way, minus the nice hill they had the last mile.... The weather was great, which may make it more difficult this year. I didn't have any training schedule at all last summer-- just made sure I got a 10 mile run in sometime before the actual race. Since I've actually been training for the marathon I'm interested in seeing how the half turns out this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment